Saturday, February 14, 2009

Singles Awareness Day A.K.A. Valentine's Day



Its Feb 14th, Valentine's Day.....and I'm still wondering what's so special about Valentine's Day? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those VDay haters. I'm not one of those "OMG I don't have a man, so my valentine's day sux" kinda girls. Whether I have a valentine or not does not make me depressed. As a matter of fact, when I don't have one, I become my own valentine, and I treat my own self to as much love as I can give myself; something I try to do every day. So I just don't understand why Vday is such a big deal. I mean, I just can't get wit people who use this one day out of the year to show how much they love and care about someone. Shouldn't that be a daily thing? I mean, does chocolate and roses, and candlelit dinners make up for all the other fucked up things people do throughout the year? Am I just supposed to forget about those things just because somebody decided that Feb 14th should be a day that we splurge on the ones we love? I think not....so VDay to me, simply put, is bullshit. Let's try loving each other every day, to make this world a better place, and to get us out of the hellhole we've allowed ourselves to fall into. Don't just love your family members and spouses. Love your neighbors and your neighborhoods. And most importantly Love yourself. Don't let someone dictate how or when you should express that love....


Now, in other news, I worked the NAACP Image awards on Thursday, and what an experience that was! It was the 100th anniversary of the NAACP so I must say, I was honored to be a part of it, even tho I had to work. We had a lot of fun, and met a lot of celebs (including my man DIDDY! ::takes a deep breath to compose myself:: and oh, and that fine chocolate man Lance Gross from House of Payne, among many others...too many to name right now tho), but it was great. I was def pretty mad about some of the awards that were handed out (i.e. Jhud got anotha sympathy award :-\ ) but wuteva...and of course, once again, they did my girl Jazmine Sullivan shady....its iight tho, she gon show yall asses, and she's gonna get what she deserves. I went to her and Neyo's concert the otha night too, and OMG, if i wasn't already in love with her, im moreso now...she's amazing. Neyo of course was great too,

but Jazzy....man! As a matter of fact...see the video below, a snippet of her singing, "Lions and Tigers and Bears" (I apologize for the background noise and my singing, in case u can hear it in this video) lol:



And here's anotha of her tearin up the end of my song, "In Love With Another Man":


and thats all I have to say about that! ttyl :)

No comments: