Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One mo gain'

See people, this is the shyt I'm talkn about! I don't know if you heard, but our president signed the stimulus package yesterday. And today? Well, the NY Post printed the above cartoon. When challenged by Al Sharpton, they claimed that the "chimp" in the picture represents the package, NOT Obama.........................::rolls eyes::.........::looking at the pic again::........ummmm, coulda fooled me. That's not wut I see. Seems to me, after shooting the chimp a.k.a. our FIRST BLACK president, someone will have to find another person to sign a stimulus......I mean, I could be being too sensitive, but this pic is a DISGRACE! The NY Post should not be able to get away with this, and they should be forced to print an apology to its readers, and an apology to Mr. Obama. This man (one of the first in a very long time, if ever) is trying to help the economy, trying to save peoples (minorities) lives and incomes and careers! Why are we allowing these people to attack him, in one of the most racially charged propaganda approaches?! A chimp?! Now of course overt racism has been under wraps in recent years, so this was bold. Black people, since they were forced to live in this country, have been held to nothing more than inhumane standards. We've been called all kinds of names, specifially "monkey" (which to me a "chimp" is the same thing, and a little close for comfort). So to so blatantly disrespect this man, and a group of people, my people, is not only inappropriate and uncalled for in this day an age, but is too serious to just blow over. Now while some of you may be surprised, I'm not. There's nothing that a white man in a position of power can do regarding black people, no matter how good or bad that can surprise me. What matters is our response. After 8 years....excuse me 400 years of a capitalistic "Democracy", it has taken the heart of this man, to challenge everything America claims to stand for. And I, as well as our ancestors as well as those who fought and died for him to be able to take that position, wouldn't hold kindly to this ignorant gesture. So I ask you, what are we going to do?

No comments: