Monday, February 9, 2009

::sighs:: R THEY SERIOUS?!


Ummmmmm, so, the Grammy's lastnite sucked ass! Like seriously, who runs that shyt?! Man! 12,000 people vote on who will be nominated, and those same 12,000 vote on the winner, so I'm curious if those 12,000 people were on some kind of drugs during the voting process. Like, I honestly can't believe what I saw last night. For starters, I love whitney, and I want her to make a serious comeback, but wtf wuz she on last night? She seemed a little uncomfortable, and her voice sounded funny. Eitha she on that stuff again, or that crack fried her brain AND her vocal chords. Second of all, 5 nominations and not 1 win?! They did my girl Jazmine Sullivan SHAAAAAAAAAADY! Thats all I have to say about that. Third, I need for Chris Brown not to be beatin Rihanna's ass BEFORE the show! Come perform, make ya money, then you "slap a bitch" lmao j/k....seriously, Chris, that was def uncalled for, ur smarter than that! Fourth, MIA is a G! Not only did the girl perform looking 12 MONTHS PREGNANT, but she got 4 of the game's hottest rappers to sample her 1st US release, and got nominated for the shyt! She's a beast! And that "Swagger Like Us" performance, was the icing on the cake. That along with, the Four Tops tribute, Jhud's tear jerking comeback, and TI & J.Timberlake's collabo all did me proud. They wasn't givin us no love, so we had to show them what they were missin. Maybe we'll get some respect next year, but i'm not holding my breath. Another highlight of the night? Well of course, Kanye never ceases to amaze me. He always seems to find the most inappropriate time to say some of the most outrageous things. The reason it works for him though is because usually, whatever he's "whining" about, is the God's honest truth! Neitha him nor Estelle had ever been nominated for best new artist (when obviously they deserved the nom in their own respect), so why have them to present that award? So was he whining in his "usual egotistical manner?" (rolls eyes) Hell no! He's not a whiner....may be still a little off balance at times, but he's def not a whiner. Give that man his props, and he won't keep puttin yall on blast. Basically, I'm hoping that next year the Grammy's will upgrade. I understand they're conservative, but that does not excuse the fact that they ignored obvious winners. What a slap in the face, not only to those well deserving artists and musicians, but a slap in the face to authentic music lovers and industry hopefuls. I mean, this year, compared to last, the Grammy's fell flat. Even the rock performances were a dud. And Robert Plant and Allison Krauss winning album of the year? Who are these people?! ::sighs:: I don't know what else to say....smh.....

No comments: