Sunday, March 8, 2009

Making His Band?


So, yesterday, Diddy had the "Making His Band" auditions out in LA. They auditions were for him to form the band that will play behind him on his upcoming "Last Train To Paris" tour. They will also be featured on the upcoming show, "Making His Band", which I'm assuming is the next installment of his "Making THE Band" series. Now, we all know Diddy is the ultimate business man. And you can't knock the man's hustle. But i'm jus a little concerned with this upcoming project. Previous seasons of the show featured actual artists that Diddy was trying to promote. Therefore we had albums and tours to look forward to. We had money to go out and spend, thus keeping our attention geared toward the show and the artists being featured. Well, I'm curious to how many of us are actually interested in seeing Diddy's background band, have a show of their own. Now, I'm sure he's just using the show as a marketing tool to promote his "final" album. But the question still remains, are we even that interested? I love Diddy just as much as the next man, but I don't know if i'm willing to watch him make an album and go on tour. Anyway, I'll def watch the premiere tho, cuz it was sum interesting people that came out to audition. Diddy was auditioning for musicians and background singers. The LA audition had a nice turn out, and surprisingly, an interesting mixture of musicians. There were some rockers, some goths, and of course lots of us Black folks. What was probably the most interesting however was the fact that because Diddy is debuting a new sound he calls "Train Music", he provided a strict songlist of about 6 songs he wanted people to audition with. Those songs? "All This Love" - Debarge, "September" - Earth Wind and Fire, "Rehab" - Amy Winehouse, "American Boy" - Estelle, A Blink 182 song that I forgot the name of, a Police song that I forgot the name of, and of course, "Last Night" by Him and Keyshia Cole (You know he had to throw himself in the mix lol). Now while I have no idea what "train music" is, I kinda got an idea based on the song choices he made. Obviously, everyone cant sing those type of songs, so I'm a little curious as to how and if he will pull this off. But I have faith. He hasn't let me down so far....except for maybe some of the Danity Kane/Day26 situation...thas a whole nother post in itself tho. And if you're wondering if I auditioned? I didn't. Those songs are not my cup of tea, they dont compliment my voice, I knew none of the lyrics to none of the songs, and I did NOT wanna be on tv (singing that is) lol.....well anyway, this post has gone long enuf. I'll be baq later....I havent forgot about Chrihanna lol ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you shouldve auditioned!!! do you know anyone who did? any advance?